Friday

Once again...

I am home for the 2nd day with a sick child. Wednesday Noah came home from school with a stomach ache, I didn't think too much about it though at the time. All three kids had received the H1N1 shot at school that day, so I figured his stomach had been tied up in knots for several days in anticipation of the shot. On the way to church that evening, he kept complaining that it still didn't feel good, so he and Matt stayed in the church library that night while the girls and I went to class.

Then it happened later that night...12:30 am I was awoken by Noah saying he just threw up. He slept peacefully until 6:30 when it happened again, and by then he was running a slight fever. Long story short...he ran a fever all day with it finally breaking around midnight last night. At one point he was .4 degrees away from going to the emergency room, they thought it might be a side affect/reaction to the shot. But, thankfully, it never came to that point. He appears to be fine this morning, no fever, but has not been fever free for 24 hours, so he cannot return to school today.

Due to this stomach bug/flu, he had to miss the 2nd and 3rd grade Christmas Musical (Santa Goes Green) at school that he has been working so hard on. He had a solo part this year, and was going to be an evergreen tree. Needless to say, he was devastated when he found out he wasn't going to be able to participate.

We ended up renting "Santa Buddies" for the kids to watch last night, to try to take his mind off what he was missing. I think it is actually a blessing that he is missing school today, hopefully all the talk of last nights musical will have died down by Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment