Tuesday

"Knittogether"

 Early Fall I was looking for a Wednesday night class at church to attend.  I have been wanting to learn to knit for some time, and found a class called Knit Together.  They claimed you could come even if you had no knitting experience.  Well, I had some experience, but it was not a positive one.  I had attempted a knitting workshop when Noah was a baby, but did not learn one thing while I was there.  Except, that maybe, knitting was NOT for me!

Knit Together is a small group of ladies who get together on Wednesday nights to knit items for the Kenya Baby Orphanage our church sponsors in Africa.  Jodi, a good friend who also takes our family pictures, was able to teach me in one hour what I needed to know to knit!  I was able to finish and send a camo scarf with one of our church teams that went to Kenya in November!  I can't wait to knit some hats and sweaters to send to the babies there!



In the meantime, I have been knitting many scarves, ear warmers, and dishcloths for family and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment