Upward season has come to an end, and reluctantly, we are thankful. First, let me explain. We enjoy working with the kids, and watching/coaching them while they play. It does however, end up being a long season. With practices on Thursday nights, and games on Saturdays, we were rarely able to all be in the same location at the same time. Practices were at different times, and the games were at different times and at different buildings.
It was great to see how the kids "matured" in their own sport through out the season. Noah was more aware of what was going on during the game, and knew how it worked and what to expect. He seemed a little more comfortable out on the court, and even took a few shots. The girls were more confident even half way through, and could often be found calling the cheers to the other girls. They definitely have the "voice" for it, I think they were the loudest ones on their squad! They were quick to pick up the words and motions, and especially did a great job on their pom routine.
More surprising, was my (Shondra) experience with cheerleading this season. In the beginning, I was very reluctant about coaching the girls, after all, I have no cheer experience of my own, and not a very high opinion of cheerleaders in general. The Lord had other things in mind for me...I am so glad I stepped out of my box, and was "coaxed" in to coaching. I had no doubt I could handle the "spiritual" aspects of the program, the verse memorization and devotional leading. Only God knew that I would also be able to handle the "cheer" part of it! I was out there at practice learning the cheers and pom routine with my girls, and actually enjoying it! Who knew there was a hidden cheer coach talent that was just waiting to break out?







No comments:
Post a Comment